Due to positive Covid-19 infections amongst doctors and reception staff, there may be delays in replying to emails and returning phone messages. All appointments will be via telehealth unless an in person appointment is specifically requested by your treating consultant.
We thank you for your patience.
The Melbourne Children’s Clinic has been at the forefront of paediatric care since it was established in 2001. Here you will find a centre of excellence with wide ranging expertise of paediatricians, subspecialists and surgeons, child psychologists and paediatric dietitians in one location. The Melbourne Children’s Clinic was the first of its kind: a private multidisciplinary paediatric clinic where paediatricians come together with allied health professionals and other paediatric specialists to provide comprehensive assessment and treatment for your child.
Our clinic is staffed by highly experienced and sought after specialists: experts in their fields. Our excellent reputation means that we receive referrals from throughout the state, interstate and overseas.
Here you will find a warm and welcoming space, from our friendly receptionists, to our inviting toy filled waiting room with blackboard wall and latest magazines, to our compassionate and skilled health professionals. We strive to partner with you to bring the best possible outcomes for your child and family through expert paediatric care.
The clinic is conveniently located in Camberwell Road, close to the Junction.
Ample street parking is available in Camberwell Road and Butler Street. The Clinic can also be accessed by public transport with tram route 75 stopping nearby in Camberwell Road.
Melbourne Children's Clinic response to Covid-19
Practitioners and staff at MCC are committed to protecting our staff, patients & the wider community from the risk of transmission of Covid-19 virus.
As vaccination rates in the eligible population increase, lockdown restrictions will gradually ease.
With case numbers in the community still very high, all of Victoria is still designated at very high risk rating (Covid peak: black) by DoH, reflecting very high risk for Covid transmission. https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-health-service-guidance-and-response-covid-19-risks#current-risk-rating
At Covid peak risk rating, the recommendation is for specialist consultations to be via Telehealth , with face-to-face appointments by exception
We are all looking forward to the risk rating dropping so we can see you again in person!
Most practitioners will continue to mainly see patients via Telehealth to ensure continuous provision of paediatric care and safety for our patients and families, practitioners and staff
If you prefer a face-to-face appointment, your practitioner can help determine whether this is needed and it can then be arranged with appropriate risk assessment
You will be required to show your vaccination certificate (over 12s) or negative result from a recent PCR covid test if attending in person
Covid Safety Measures:
• Social distancing rules apply and capacity limits for clinic areas will follow government guidelines
• Only one accompanying adult/parent should attend with their child: this will ensure social distancing in the waiting and consulting room
• Non attending parent/guardian may join the appointment via Telehealth link
• Please arrive 5 minutes only before your appointment time and scan in using the QR code at reception
• Reception staff will direct you to your designated seat in the waiting room
• If your practitioner is running late you may need to wait outside or in your car for a short while until the waiting room spot is free
• Please wear a fitted mask (all over 6 years) during your time in the clinic. If you cannot wear a mask we can arrange Telehealth consultation
• Please sanitise your hands on arrival
• HEPA air purifiers have been installed in clinical and administration areas
• Touch surfaces are regularly cleaned and sanitised
• Our patients report a high level of satisfaction with Telehealth appointments, with 100% of those surveyed indicating that most (18%) or all (82%) of their concerns were addressed, and 82% indicated they are happy with Telehealth, whilst 18% would still prefer a face to face appointment
• Our staff will provide you with a link for your Telehealth appointment; please ensure you have a good internet connection and that your video and audio are enabled
• Please call reception immediately following your Telehealth appointment to arrange payment and to schedule your next appointment. Payments can be made by credit card and will be submitted to Medicare for your rebate
• Prescriptions or other paperwork resulting from your Telehealth appointment can be collected from the clinic if urgent or will be posted to your home address
If you or your child is acutely unwell with possible symptoms of Covid-19 virus you should call your GP or the Covid-19 Hotline on 1800 675 398.
COVID-19 Helpful links